Proper clothing must be worn for all practices and competitions. Rowers and coxswains are expected to be in workout gear before practice starts.
- Clothing should be weather appropriate and tight fitting. Quick-dry synthetics are good for working out.
- Wear proper running shoes to every practice. If the weather prevents us from getting on the water, we will do a land practice.
- Bring socks to wear in the boat.
- Bring layers that can easily be taken off as you get warm. We will go on the water in most conditions including cold and rain.
- Bring a change of clothes to change into when practice is over in case you get wet.
- To protect from the sun, you should have a hat/visor and or sunglasses and should wear sunscreen (even when it’s not sunny).
- Working out in a sports bra or shirtless is not acceptable.
- No jeans, no basketball shorts, no baggy pants / shorts, and no cargo shorts or sweat shirts with big pockets. These can be dangerous and get caught in the equipment.
You must be in WJ Crew gear and athletic gear during the whole event. No street clothes at regattas. Specific guidance on regatta uniforms will be provided by the coaches.
Information on purchasing uniforms and official gear will be provided by our volunteer parent coordinators. Look for emails with all the details on how to order. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to email@example.com.